Pardon the books - text blasting is actually a pretty straight-forward concept. In fact, we think we can answer all of your questions about text blasting in under ten minutes. Got a stop watch? Let's go.
Definitions, Terms And Facts That You Need To Know:
- SMS - Short Message Service aka Text Message
- Text Blast - A single text message that is sent, at once, to a large group of people.
- 160 Characters - Text messages are limited to 160 characters, including spaces.
- 1.5 Trillion - The number of text messages that Americans sent in 2009
- $2.3 Billion Dollars - The total spent in 2009 on text message advertising in the United States
So How Do You Send Text Blasts:
- Sign up for a text blasting service & log in to their website.
- Get your contacts ready - we'll get back to this later.
- Type your text message
- Send your message.
- Sit back, as your message is delivered to hundreds (or thousands) of contacts in seconds.
Why You Should Be Sending Text Blasts:
- Save time: If you want to text your customers, clients, or group members typing texts over and over again on your mobile phone just won't cut it.
- If your message is commercial, you've got to: Every wireless carrier is different, but nearly all of them prohibit you from signing up for an unlimited text messaging plan to blast out text messages all day.
- Reach, Reach, Reach: In real estate all that matters is location, location, location. When you want to reach your customers no other communications channel -- phone call, email, or anything else -- comes close to text messaging for a number of reasons:
- Open Rate: When you send an email marketing blast you'll be extremely lucky to break 20%. For text messages you're looking at open rates around 98%
- No Junk: Text message marketing is permission based. The wireless carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc.) and the Mobile Marketing Association strictly enforce these rules. We all know what our email Inboxes look like. Your text blast doesn't have to cut through the clutter. It arrives and it's seen, immediately.
- Reach your customers on the go: Most Americans send and receive text messages every day, and they rarely are without their mobile phone. Those who email on the go are a much smaller group, less than half as many people, most of whom are business people checking corporate email.
- Social Media? Facebook, Twitter, MySpace...they're all about shouting a message, though not at anyone in particular. Text Blasts are directed at your actual customers...and Keywords on Short Codes allow new customers to text in to be a part of your next blast. The best way to use Social Media is to compliment you text messaging campaigns.
Reviewing The Text Blast Services:
Want to learn about who we think are the best text blasting companies in the United States and Canada? Click to read our reviews of the best text blast services.